Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Traffic tickets expected to bring more to coffers  (Read 2536 times)
V LTD.
Subaru Rally Driver

View Profile WWW
« on: April 01, 2010, 08:59:02 pm »

The Government is banking on traffic ticket inflows to provide a boost to its revenues this fiscal year.

An examination of the 2010-2011 Estimates of Expenditure, tabled in the House of Representatives yesterday, reveals that the state is projecting to collect $350 million through this avenue.

This is 75 per cent more than the $200 million that was written in the Budget as appropriation-in-aid by way of traffic tickets last year.

A total of $38.5 billion has been earmarked for spending on national security, an area the Government has outlined as a priority this year.

............http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20100326/lead/lead5.html

Viva Subaru - we are the converted!

www.sweetdelights4u.com
V LTD.
Subaru Rally Driver

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 09:05:52 pm »

Mi tiaad a dis ..ckery  wild

Guys we need to abide by the laws of the road, and ensure that all our papers are in tact!!!!!

Let us fight the government against meeting their $350M target......

Imagine having those fancy Suzuki Police cars blocking a lane of traffic on Waterloo Road in peak hour traffic

Imagine having those Blue-seamed Police officers asking motorist for documents at traffic lights during early morning peak hour traffic  No Clue

www.sweetdelights4u.com
tweety
Executive Management Committee Member
Administrator
Subaru Rally Driver

"Live each day as if it's your last!!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 09:07:33 pm »

SO what if people comply more..... or the police give them a blye....

What is Plan B if enough people dont commit traffic fines.....kinda wierd to be basing a budget on this!!

Scary times ahead  No Clue

" Be courteous to all, but intimate with few; and let those be well-tried before you give them your confidence. ADAPTED" Renewal of commitment needed
V LTD.
Subaru Rally Driver

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 09:16:29 pm »

What is Plan B if enough people dont commit traffic fines.....kinda wierd to be basing a budget on this!!

Scary times ahead  No Clue

Well, I'm hoping the SOCOJ members and by extension the motoring public will comply more for sure!!!!! Generally Police nuh gi blye, so I don't foresee that changing now either  Grin

But on a more serious note........I dont believe there is a plan B.......there will just be a short-fall in expected income AGAIN!

www.sweetdelights4u.com
tweety
Executive Management Committee Member
Administrator
Subaru Rally Driver

"Live each day as if it's your last!!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 02:09:24 pm »

Well, I'm hoping the SOCOJ members and by extension the motoring public will comply more for sure!!!!! Generally Police nuh gi blye, so I don't foresee that changing now either  Grin

But on a more serious note........I dont believe there is a plan B.......there will just be a short-fall in expected income AGAIN!

= to more taxes  angry2 angry2 angry2

" Be courteous to all, but intimate with few; and let those be well-tried before you give them your confidence. ADAPTED" Renewal of commitment needed
noreik23
Members
Subaru Drag Racer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 06:15:10 am »

Scary times ahead  No Clue

Tweety, one way or the other, they are going to meet that target. I'm sure if they pull you over for one thing you were complaint with, they will find something else to give you a ticket on.

Who knows, when you are going to the country they may give you a speeding ticket with a ridiculous speed you were not travelling at.

Kiki (Si-RR)
Subaru Driver

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 01:15:19 pm »

This is ludicrous. Ticket fees are in place as a DETERRENT. Therefore, the government should be hoping it's citizens comply with the road laws to result in FEWER CASUALTIES. Bottom line: the money obtained via this route is a plus...as in "we don't bank on it but if we happen to get revenue, great"

HOWWWW can you put a goal in sight for this?? AND a HIGH one at that? Undoubtedly, if it is falling short, the police will be put under pressure to step-up...that is worrisome because that could mean unwarranted tickets (hoping that that would not be the case but  Lips Sealed )

no
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: