Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mitsubishi Official says Evo franchise is dead  (Read 2353 times)
zro.tolerance
SOCOJ Club Secretary
Club Management
Subaru Tarmac Terrorist

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2011, 10:53:41 am »

Article Link
According to Gayu Eusegi, head of global product development for Mitsubishi, the Lancer Evolution X will be the last Evo the Japanese automaker ever builds. Eusegi says the move is part of a shift in strategy to put the company's product focus and ethos on leadership in EV technology.

Now this affects Subaru as well cause it's been long known that Mitsubishi and Subaru have a friendly rivalry when it comes to Turbo-Powered sports car.
No Evo...may also mean no WRX. But as we look further, we notice that Evo is going Hybrid.

Motor Trend details 2013 Mitsubishi Evolution XI's plug-in electric drivetrain
If MT is correct, a powerful electric motor would drive the front wheels of the Evo XI, drawing power from a lithium ion battery pack, while the (presumably turbocharged but possibly normally aspirated) 2.0-liter engine would drive the rear wheels only when necessary. The two combined powerplants could theoretically put out as much as 350 horsepower (or more, depending on final specifications) to all four wheels, catapulting the car from 0 to 60 in just 4.5 seconds.

but WHY....well, rumblings about a Diesel STI started from last year
Autocar: Next Subaru STI to go diesel, rival Mitsubishi Evo going hybrid

Wonder how WRC will change...granted don't know if Citroen, Ford, and other manufacturers care right about now.

Speed has never killed anyone...suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.
waynef49
Members
Subaru Tarmac Terrorist

Me and my STi ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 02:04:30 pm »

....which means, just as i've been saying, all u members with the 2002 to 2006 shape WRX and WRX STi, no sell it, cause at the rate things r going, our models will b the original, most beautiful, classic Subarus 4 years to come. 2 thumbs up yahoo yes

I will never sell my STi ......EVER!!!!!! ;-)
Spec B
Spec B
Administrator
Subaru Rally Driver

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 08:31:36 am »

....which means, just as i've been saying, all u members with the 2002 to 2006 shape WRX and WRX STi, no sell it, cause at the rate things r going, our models will b the original, most beautiful, classic Subarus 4 years to come. 2 thumbs up yahoo yes

Foresters & Leggies alike.

Love Cars With Quick Feet !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcYRpEIkVUs
waynef49
Members
Subaru Tarmac Terrorist

Me and my STi ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 09:29:31 am »

i stand corrected sir, yes, Foresters & Leggies too. drinks yes 2 thumbs up

I will never sell my STi ......EVER!!!!!! ;-)
Spec B
Spec B
Administrator
Subaru Rally Driver

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 01:39:21 pm »

2 thumbs up

Love Cars With Quick Feet !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcYRpEIkVUs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: