Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ABS Issues  (Read 2530 times)
Spec B
Spec B
Administrator
Subaru Rally Driver

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2009, 10:18:53 AM »

ABS issues & diagnosis

I dont have the warping issues yet. Im just not happy with the current braking performance esp with the car being so quiet and ppl cant hear me coming.  I just god news that my ABS sensor is here so i'll see if the braking improves after installation. dance1 Either way something will have to give because i'll be reving to redline after it's installed...but at 50% throttle till i change the fuel pump.  tomato

I need the left front ABS sensor so it throws a CEL for "vehicle speed sensor" (the car also uses the ABS sensor for vehicle speed and stability control system). That puts the ecu in safe mode which drops the limiter to 4000rpm, cuts boost (think i'm running spring boost now), among some other stuff.  

With your ABS issues i would suggest cleaning the ABS pump itself since the diagnostic tests shows the sensors are working properly.  buba I have a friend with a similar issue once and the problems cleared after cleaning the ABS pump.

Do u know what the process was for cleaning the pump boss?  Or if u can send me a link who can describe it for me

Not sure of the process in detail but let mi link my bredrin and report with the info. telephone
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 10:49:30 AM by Spec B » Logged

Love Cars With Quick Feet !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcYRpEIkVUs
xxcite81
Members
Subaru Learner Driver

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 09:54:11 AM »

How do you clean the pump, anything special?. I need a brake caliper overhaul kit. KIG dont have it 03 forester Cross Sports SG5.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: